at the homepage of the bluegrass band VEGET. You haven't heard about us? It doesn't
matter. We will provide you some brief information right here (there is also
information for organizers
- First of all, do not think we are vegetarians. The name of the band does NOT
reflect our eating habits.
- We are 217 years old (aproximately). The average age is
- People call our music country, folk, bluegrass and many others. But we think,
that our music can't be labeled as one style. Try to listen on your own.
Who forms VEGET
There are four members at present:
- Lenka Krausová (lead vocal, bass)
The band's newest singer and bass player.
- Honza Bareš (banjo, vocal)
Sometimes his great imagination causes problems to his fingers, when playing the banjo. (home)
- Jarda Záruba (mandolin, vocal)
The CHIEF of our band. He is popular for his high forehead.
- Jarda Klouda (guitar, vocal)
The really newest guitarist.
- The band was founded in May
- There were six founders: Honza Bareš (banjo), Markéta Kalistová (lead vocal),
Jarda Toms (dobro), Viktor Šebík (bass), Jarda Záruba (mandolin) and Petr
- Performance at the EWOB 2000 festival in the Netherlands,
one of our songs (Ztracené sebevědomí, written by Markéta Kalistová)
was chosen to be part of the EWOB 2000 CD.
- We made our first own evening programme called Veget Párty,
that started a serie of these evenings.
- Our first CD was released
at the beginning of the year.
- Our bass player Viktor Šebík left the band and Vilda Kuthan
came to take his place.
- Participation in EWOB 2002 festival and our tune was chosen to
be on the EWOB CD again. This time it was an instrumental tune Po ránu
written by Jarda Toms.
- A "tour" in Sweden, we performed at a few festivals there (Country Festival
Vemdalen, Scandinavian Country Music Fesival).
- Vilda Kuthan left the band in September, we found Libor Kameník
as a new bass player.
- We paritcipated in the recording of the CD called Plzeňská LOKÁLKA 2.
There were five finalists of the competition Plzeňská Lokálka.
- We won a local round of a competition called Trampská Porta.
- Performance at Lida Country Festival (Stockholm, Sweden).
- We temporarily played with Honza Korejčík (bass) instead of Libor,
who left for holidays during summer.
- Participation in the final round of the competition Trampská Porta
held in Ústí nad Labem.
- Bass player Libor Kameník left the band at the beginnig of the year
and Jarda Toms started to look for a new one.
- Tomáš Mahovský (bassguitar) joined the band in May and that poured new
blood into the band's vains.
- We made a CD to promote the band especially at the festivals abroad. It
contains songs in English (either our own with English lyrics, or borrowed ones).
The CD is available by request.
- We spent nice time in Sweden again, performing at the Vemdalen Country
- Jarda Toms (dobro) left the band at the end of the year. We have been
five since that.
- We have participated in the Porta competition and moved on to
the semifinal round.
- The lead singer Markéta Kalistová left the band in July.
- Like nearly every summer, we travelled to a Swedish festival. This time
to the Bluegrass & Oldtime Festival in Gränna. It was the first
performance with our new lead singer Lenka Voběrková.
- Tomáš Mahovský (bassguitar) left the band in September.
- We found a new bass player in November - Zuzka Lišková (bassguitar).
- Performances at EWOB festivals in Netherlands and France.
- Zuzka Lišková (bassguitar) left the band in May and since that VEGET had played
with two "temporary" bass players: Tomáš Mahovský and Lenka Jarošová.
- The band lost lead singer Lenka Voběrková at the beginning of September and then
an intensive search for the remaining two fifths of the staff started.
- Finally, two new musicians joined in October: the lead singer Lenka Krausová
and Jenda Kříženecký (bass).
- We recorded five samples with a new band setup.
Bluegrass na mlejně
We have added a new set of pictures into the Photos section. Follow the link.
Bluegrass na Mlejně
Na Janďourkův mlejn jsme se velice těšili, protože na tomhle bluegrassovém festivalu,...
24th January 2020
© 2003 - 2020